Just Spotted has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.just-spotted.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Joe's Italian Ice


Just in time for summertime, I've found my latest addiction... Joe's Italian Ice. (Just thinking about it, & I'm feeling the cravings coming on.) As an Orange County transplant, this new-to-me tasty treat has something for everyone. Just down the way from Disneyland, I've probably driven by Joe's hundreds of times, yet never stopped. Luckily, a reader recommended Joe's Italian Ice, & boy am I glad she did - now, I can't get enough of the place.

Joe's is definitely what I would call a "hole-in-the-wall." Located on a lonely stretch of road, just outside the hustle & bustle of Anaheim, it's one of those places you drive by wondering if it's any good, & if you should stop. Let me tell you here & now - STOP! STOP! STOP! You won't be disappointed.

Joe's Italian Ice specializes in "Authentic Philly Style Water Ice," which they make homemade, with fresh fruits, on a daily Basis. (Think shaved ice, but not really. Unlike shaved ice that is simply shaved ice with flavoring on top, Italian Ice is made by the same process by which ice cream is made, resulting in a delicious, almost creamy-like concoction, that is amazing!) Having "perfected" over 50 flavors (although every flavor isn't available every day), you will definitely find a favorite or two. (Bada Bing Cherry, Mango Tango & Strawberry were some of my personal favorites.)

Believe it or not, that's not the end of the yumminess. Even though it's called Joe's Italian Ice, that's not all they serve. They also have this incredible soft serve ice cream, that they ship in from Pennsylvania! Hello?! If they're shipping in the ice cream, all the way from Pennsylvania, you know it is got to be good. (A Butterscotch dipped cone or thick & creamy shake is sounding so tasty right now!)

So enough of my ramblings. I honestly could go on & on about Joe's Italian Ice. But, it 's really a place you just have to experience for yourself. Make a special trip, or stop by on your way home from Disneyland... trust me, you'll thank me later!

Joe's Italian Ice
12302 Harbor Blvd.
Garden Grove, CA 92840
(714)750-1076

xoxo, K

Just Spotted received no compensation, of any kind, for this post.

3 comments:

Cherri said...

LOVE Joe's!!!! I call ahead to see if they have Root Beer. Mango Tango is another favorite of mine too. They have a punch card, so definitely get one.

elegantnodes said...

just visited your blog, please would you want to visit my blog again, I hope my blog will give you a new information, thank you

Office Chiars said...

Its to hotter here, we need more ice these days....
Thank you for the post...

Related Posts with Thumbnails