Awhile back, C did a great post on "Staying Cool" at Disneyland. I thought I'd do a follow up, with some of my favorite tips for beating the heat, while exploring Disney's California Adventure. & Luckily, DCA is full of great places to escape to when it's blazing hot!
* Grizzly River Run (be prepared, you WILL get wet, but isn't that the point?)
* Head inside, & take a tour of the Boudin Bakery or the Mission Tortilla Factory. These are both great, "quick" escapes & you get FREE samples, which is a plus.
* Catch a flick: It's Tough to Be a Bug!, Muppet Vision 3D
* It may not be air conditioned, but lots of trees provide plenty of shade inside the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
* Little ones LOVE the Princess Dot Puddle Park, (bring a change of clothes because they WILL get soaked, or, lots of kids show up in their bathing suit.) The S.S. rustworthy is fun too - a great place to play, with just enough water to keep you cool.
* Looking for a great escape from the heat? Check out the "Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage!" productions (lasts 20 minutes), or my absolute favorite way to beat the heat is "Disney's Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular". (4o minutes of air conditioned bliss, & the show's dang good too!)
* & Finally, if you want a cool treat, be sure to visit: Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream (love that waffle cone smell), Catch a Flave for delicious soft-serve, Schmoozies for smoothies (duh!), & my personal favorite are the milkshakes found at Sam Andreas Shakes.
Don't forget to drink lots & lots of water!
image by jeff pearce via flickr
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Posted by Just Spotted at 6:37 AM
Labels: beat the heat at disneyland, California Adventure, disneyland, disneyland resort, field trips, free in orange county, keeping cool at california adventure, keeping cool at disneyland, orange county, orange county activities, orange county family, orange county guide, orange county kids, orange county mom, orange county mom blog, orange county parent, things to do in orange county, Zoomars