Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Halloween may not be until Saturday, October 31st (speaking of which, do you have your costumes yet?), but here in Orange County we like to celebrate Halloween all month-long. Here are 12 things to keep you busy this spooky season.
1. Tanaka Farms: Pumpkin Patch, Tractor Rides, Petting Zoo, Corn Maze & more. Open everyday from 9am-6pm.
2. The Empty Grave Haunted House at Anaheim Garden Walk: October 9th, 10th, 11th, 16th, 17th, 19th, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st & November 1st. Open 6:30pm - Midnight on Fridays & Saturday, and from 6:30pm - 10pm on weeknights. Cost is $13/ person, (see website for a coupon for $3 off).
3. Spooky Science Skeletons at the Discovery Science Center: Solve a forensic science mystery, piece together a skeleton, play a larger-than-life Operations-style game, explore a spooky 3-D maze. October 17th - November 8th, 10am - 5pm. Cost for adults: $12.95, children (3-17): $9.95, children 2 & under are free.
4. Mickey's Trick-or-Treat Party & Halloween Time at Disneyland
5. Boo at the Zoo: Fun & Safe trick-or-treating in a "Merry not Scary" Zoo atmosphere with educational programs throughout the evening & a costume parade. October 17-18th, 24th, 25th, 30th, 5:30-8pm.
6. Night of the Living Dead at the Maverick Theater: October 9th, 10th, 16th, 17th, 23rd, 24th, 27th, 28th, 30th, & 31st at 8pm. $19. (Starting October 16th, for $30 you can catch a Double Feature: Night of the Living Dead & The Rocky Horror Show).
7. Zoomars Petting Zoo: Pumpkins, a Petting Zoo, Hay Maze, Games & Crafts. 10am - 5pm everyday.
8. Haunted Trails in Laguna Niguel: October 22nd-24th. Recommended for 8 years old+, a "less scary" event is offered on Saturday, October 24th from 5-6:30pm. Cost is $10.
9. Sinister Point Haunted House: A very scary (self-proclaimed) haunted house located in Brea. October 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st. Open from 7-10pm on weekdays, 7pm - Midnight on the weekends. Tickets start at $13.
10. Haunted Walking Tours of Fullerton: Wednesdays & Thursday through November 6th. Tour begins at 6pm & lasts about 2 1/2 hours. Cost is $18 per person & reservations are required (714)738-6545.
11. Irvine Park Railroad Pumpkin Patch: Train & Hay rides, Pumpkin Patch, Face Painting & more. Open 10am - 5pm on weekdays, & 10am - 6pm on weekends.
12. Knott's Camp Spooky & Halloween Haunt: select dates throughout October