1. The Cuddly Wrap: my all-time favorite newborn baby carrier. It may be overwhelming at first (it's one really long piece of fabric), but trust me! After you've practiced tying it on a few times, you will be a pro! Your baby will love being in it & you'll love that you will be able to get stuff done. Unlike other carriers, the cuddly wrap keeps them all bundled up on your chest - I think it reminds them of being inside the womb. The material is like a t-shirt, so it's lightweight & very breathable. I can't tell you how often I am stopped by strangers to give my "Cuddly Wrap sales pitch." I can't say enough good things, I LOVE it soooo much!
2. Ameda Gel Pads: if you're planning on nursing, then you must buy at least one pair of these. Nursing, for me, has always been somewhat of a painful process... sore, cracked, bleeding nipples is pretty standard for me (& yes, I just said nipples). Anyway, these gel pads are AMAZING! Don't be fooled by other gel pads on the market. I've tried them all, & these ones are by far the best. Another nursing favorite is the Motherlove Nipple Cream (there I go saying the word nipple again).
3. Oxi Clean: stains no more! This is a serious must-have! With spit-up & diaper explosions happening on a fairly regular basis, you need something that you can count on to get those stains out. Oxi clean hasn't let me down yet, & I've thrown some pretty hefty stains it's way.
4. Aden + Anais muslin baby blanket: I absolutely LOVE these blankets. They are lightweight & thin enough that I can stuff them in my purse or baby bag. But, don't let that fool you! They are HUGE in size (47" x 47"), which makes them perfect for swaddling. But that's not all, you can use these blankets as a sheet in a pack-n-play, on the ground for play time, as a nursing cover or draped over a stroller or car seat. There are so many possibilities!
5. Benetint blush, Dr. Pepper Lip Smackers, and a cute hat or two: you know as well as I do, a new baby means late nights & lots of early mornings. Often times, a shower is a luxury. However, I've always found that making a little effort makes me feel better. On days when I don't really have the time (or perhaps the energy) to get ready, I like to throw on some benetint (it provides you with natural, rosy looking cheeks which is an immediate perk-me-up), a little Dr. Pepper Lip Smackers (call me crazy, but the Dr. Pepper flavor has just the perfect hint of color & a nice smell to boot!) & a cute hat to hide that bed-head hair, & you are all set. No one will be the wiser that you haven't slept (or possibly showered) for days.
So now that I've shared, what are some of YOUR favorite must-haves for new moms?