Just Spotted has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.just-spotted.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Accessorizing your Phil & Teds...

It's a well-known fact that i LOVE my stroller. Everywhere I go, people still stare, point & whisper when I go by. Having had my stroller for years, I (wrongly) assume that everyone has heard of Phil & Teds strollers. When i get stopped by people, asking me about it, I've been known to give a pretty persuasive sales pitch (too bad I'm not on commission). Unfortunately though, as with anything & everything in life, nothing is perfect, not even my stroller. & I do have just a few gripes, but with the purchase of a few after-market accessories... I can say that all my problems have been solved!

Problem one: sunshade. I'm the first to admit that it's far from stellar, not to mention that the "back seat driver" gets practically no sun protection. Thank heavens I've discovered Protect-a-Bub. They're making it easier for your baby & kids to "weather it all, winter, spring, summer & fall". They sell everything from swim wear to carrier covers. But I'm loving their stroller sunshade attachments. They are made from a material that is UPF 50 +, which protects against 98% of the sun's UVA & UVB rays. It attaches super easily, can remain on when the stroller is folded, & it provides way more sun protection than your average sun shade. &, if you've got one of Phil & Ted's inline strollers, like i do, they even make a sunshade for the back seat.

Problem two: lack of a cup holder. Okay, so it's actually not that big of deal. But I love convenience. So, you have a couple of options in this department. You could always just stick with Phil & Teds & get their Hangbag Drink Holder, but personally I don't really love it. It just kinda hangs there & flops around a lot, so it wouldn't be my first pick. Or, you could go with any of the zillion universal cup holders that are out there. However my favorite solution is the BOB Handlebar Console. It velcros on to the handlebar, doesn't need to be removed when the stroller is folded, & has room for two drinks, plus there is zippered compartment for my keys, etc.

Problem three: lack of snack tray. Again, it's another convenience issue... but sometimes, that snack tray can be a real life-saver! Luckily the Carry You Siena Snack Tray is awesome. It's a "deep, padded, water resistant bag that attaches to the front bumper bar". Definitely a must have!

Problem four: lack of storage space. To be honest, the lack of storage really that big of a deal for me. The underneath basket works fine for me, even with a kid in the back seat, but I have heard other complain about this issue, so I thought I'd address it. Sold as a pair, & attaching to the sides of your Phil & Teds stroller, the Phil & Teds Pannier Bags add that little bit of extra storage that you might be craving.

now, my stroller seriously is perfect!

xoxo, K

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails